New Herbalife North Carolina Plant Creates More Job Opportunities in Winston-Salem
The new Herbalife Innovation & Manufacturing (H.I.M.) facility in Winston-Salem, N.C., will expands the global manufacturing capacity of Herbalife and supports the company’s Seed to Feed commitment: an initiative to control quality throughout the entire product development lifecycle, beginning with cultivation of raw ingredients like soy beans, that go into Herbalife® products, such as Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix.
H.I.M. Winston-Salem is great news for Herbalife and the local community. The new facility enhances the ability of Herbalife to deliver top products where they’re needed, and it means more than 500 new jobs in tech operations, manufacturing, packaging, warehouse, engineering, maintenance, quality assurance, quality control, regulatory, human resources, information technology, research and development, facilities, safety and security and finance, at a full operation capacity.
Herbalife® products help millions around the world get balanced nutrition, and Herbalife employees take pride in that fact. Herbalife encourages its staff to learn about proper nutrition and to live healthy, active lives. In fact, Herbalife was recognized in 2008 by Men’s Fitness magazine for being a healthy place to work because of an innovative company wellness program, on-site fitness centers and free employee participation in company-sponsored athletic events.
Interesting Facts About H.I.M. Winston-Salem
- Has an anticipated investment of US$126 million in facilities, equipment and renovation
- Is expected to be fully operational in 2014
- It’s the largest Herbalife-operated manufacturing facility to date, at 46,000 square meters
- It’s a home for research, quality and analytical laboratories
- Will be retrofitted to comply with U.S. Good Manufacturing Practices for dietary supplements and applicable food-safety regulations