Herbalife’s Susan Bowerman Dishes Out Valuable Nutrition Tips
Herbalife Director of Nutrition Education Susan Bowerman, M.S., R.D., C.S.S.D., has been sharing her extensive nutrition knowledge and healthy cooking expertise with Herbalife since 2003. Following are her top five nutrition tips to help you lead a healthy, active life.
- Be consistent. It’s better to create a sustainable, healthy lifestyle than to always be dieting. By paying attention to what you eat and when you eat, you can take control of your daily food consumption.
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast. Studies have shown that a healthy breakfast supports weight management. A balanced breakfast can also provide foods you may not get the rest of the day, like high-fiber cereals and calcium-rich dairy products.
- Eat enough protein. Protein helps to make meals more satisfying and it can help you feel fuller, longer. Protein-rich foods also help boost the production of certain neurotransmitters that help you think clearly and concentrate better.
- Lose weight safely. Combine cutting calories with more exercise – don’t rely on just one or the other. You’ve got to use up more calories than you take in over a period of time in order to see the scale budge. The bigger the gap between the two, the faster you’ll lose.
- Avoid supersizing when eating out. If your server says, “For just a dollar more, you can have a side of fries with that,” think to yourself, “For just a dollar more, I’ll really be getting 600 more calories and 40 extra grams of fat.” That’s the kind of deal you can do without.
“The little changes to the way you do things every single day can really add up,” says Bowerman. “Small changes can help you take control – and stay in control – of your eating habits.”
Find more advice, inspiration and recipes at DiscoverGoodNutrition.com, or on YouTube at http://hrbl.me/VJ6XEl.